One-of-a-kind International Culture Festival Coming to Hemisfair
Slab Events hosting a unique new San Antonio Festival that features an unexpected twist
[San Antonio, Texas - May 16, 2020] Slab Events is pleased to announce a unique new San Antonio Festival that features an unexpected twist on the traditional culture festivals. The Whirled Peas International Culture Festival will showcase and celebrate the diverse mix of neighbors in our vibrant San Antonio community with a mission of complete inclusivity and tangible sharing of what makes each culture unique and special (or the flavors of…). Enjoy the twists and twirls of Hemisfair Park with a globe-dotting array of vendors whipping up unforgettable treats.
Mark your calendar for Saturday, May 16, 2020 for this first-of-its-kind event, happening from noon - 10 p.m. at Hemisfair Park in downtown San Antonio. The event is free and open to the public, and all are welcomed. You won’t need your passport, but you’ll be free to travel through a global lineup of sights, sounds, smells, and flavors that will delight your senses, and open your eyes and heart to our amazingly varied community. A free outdoor movie will begin at dusk.
The first 100 visitors to each Culture Stop will receive a unique culture-specific gift.
All local cultural societies, food vendors, and merchants are invited to ‘Give it a Whirl’. Vendor spots are available on a first-come-first served basis, and our ground floor vendors will lock in a low inaugural rate that will be honored for the first three years. Music and dance groups, and other performance types are strongly encouraged.
Food trucks: $100 (Health & fire permits are also required)
Merchants - $50/table
Performers, exhibitions, and societies: free
The Whirled Peas International Culture Festival will offer:
- A free downtown springtime event open to the public
- Ten hours of international food, entertainment, and shopping
- A far-reaching mix of local cultural communities you many not even know about
- A free gift for the first 100 people to visit each Culture Stop/Global/???
- A free Whirled Peas Passport to help you visit all the Culture Stops
- A free outdoor movie starting at dusk
- A great opportunity for vendors to join the inaugural event and lock in low vendor rates